A project celebrating turning 40 by completing the 40 things on my list below.
This project started on 23 November 2014 when I turned 40!
*UPDATE* I'm extending this project to be completed in my 40s - CLICK here's why CLICK
It was a challenge itself to get the list down to 40.
I’d love to do these things with others – do you have the same item on your list – why don’t we do it together? Or can you help me make it happen?
Here’s to an exciting year of being 40!
*Drum Roll Please*
In no particular order!
As of Saturday 29 December 2018: 21 completed / 19 to go!
1. Brecons to Morwenstow Pilgrimage –(cycling, boat, walking & maybe donkey!) COMPLETED! Wow what an adventure it was!
2. Have a special 'Creative Adventurer' cocktail created for me by a famous mixologist - DONE! Created by Gary and Orlando on Burgh Island 22 November (ok so a day early!) There is video evidence!
6. Have blue hair - YES! And you can read about that HERE
7. Go Skinny Dipping at a Wild swimming location DONE at 2 mins past midnight in the Mermaid Pool at Burgh Island. So on the morning of my birthday then back to the bar for a celebratory drink!
9. Take Part in the Sketchbook Project at The Brooklyn Art Gallery – View it here!
13. Go up in a hot air balloon! Read about that here
14. Go to at least one Celtic celebration – Beltane, Solstice, Samhain or Imbolc
17. Have dinner at The Tree Chimneys Restaurant on The Isle of Skye - Completed 24 November 2017 for my Birthday!
20. Stay on Lundy Island!
21. See Puffins on an island off the coast of the UK - TICK Puffins Galore on Skomer Island
22. Have a pint with Danny Wallace. His books have caused many laugh out loud moments and I just love what he gets up to! - YES Completed Saturday 26 September
27. Host a party! A 1930 style speakeasy
29. Have some red leather shoes handmade for me
30. Firewalk! Registered to do this in November for Penny Brohn Cancer Care! YIKES! Pls will you sponsor us? - Completed 13 November
31. Climb Snowdon - The highest mountain in Wales
32. Trampoline in a cave– at Llechwedd Slate Caverns, Blaenau Ffestiniog!
35. Appear in a national magazine - YES and so chuffed with the result!
36. See a play at The Globe Theatre in London
39. Take my Figaro Henry, to a Figaro Car Event
40. Go at high speed on a Bobsled! - Completed Saturday 21 April 2018
STILL TO DO!
3. Swim with Dolphins in the wild
4. Take part in and experience The Burning Man Festival
5. DJ at an event
8. 40 Faces Project – find 40 women all born on the 23 November 1974 from around the world and create a collaborative artwork
10. Appear on Dr. Who
11. Write (and publish) a book*
12. Do a handstand
15. Learn to play a song on the guitar
16. Hunt for razor clams on the beach then cook up what we catch
18. Go to The Edinburgh Fringe Festival
19. Have an exhibition
23. Go on a Game show! (shame Supermarket Sweep is no longer running!)
25. Recreate my Do What You Love Bags project in another city. Where?
26. Spend 2 weeks min as an Artist in Residence
28. Have my portrait painted
33. Create a wishing Bird tree - A community art installation in a local woodland
34. Have a theme tune written for me (hee hee)
37. Go to Legoland!
38. Create a fantasy photoshoot (Annie Lebovitz style)
|Me getting into mischief..!|
*No.11 WAS - Go to the Secret Garden Party Festival - Agh the last one ever is this year (2017) so going to have to change this one...so I've updated it to something else as this wish is no longer do-able! See what happens when you leave things too late?
Updated 31 January 2018
Updated 31 January 2018