A project celebrating turning 40 by completing the 40 things on my list below.
This project started on 23 November 2014 when I turned 40!
*UPDATE* I'm extending this project to be completed in my 40s - CLICK here's why CLICK
It was a challenge itself to get the list down to 40.
I’d love to do these things with others – do you have the same item on your list – why don’t we do it together? Or can you help me make it happen?
Here’s to an exciting year of being 40!
*Drum Roll Please*
In no particular order!
Brecons to Morwenstow Pilgrimage–(cycling, boat, walking & maybe donkey!) COMPLETED! Wow what an adventure it was! Have a special 'Creative Adventurer' cocktailcreated for me by a famous mixologist - DONE! Created by Gary and Orlando on Burgh Island 22 November (ok so a day early!) There is video evidence!
- Swim with Dolphins
- Take part in and experience The Burning Man Festival
- DJ at an event
Have blue hair- YES! And you can read about that HERE Go Skinny Dipping at a Wild swimming location – pref with a waterfall!- DONE at 2 mins past midnight in the Mermaid Pool at Burgh Island. So on the morning of my birthday then back to the bar for a celebratory drink! No waterfall thou.
- 40 Faces Project – find 40 women all born on the 23 November 1974 from around the world and create a collaborative artwork
Take Part in the Sketchbook Project – REGISTERED on 05 March!
- Appear on Dr. Who
- Go to the Secret Garden Party Festival - Agh the last one ever is this year (2017) and I can't go as I'll be on Caldey Island!
- Do a handstand
Go up in a hot air balloon!Read about that here Go to at least one Celtic celebration– Beltane, Solstice at Stonehenge , Samhain or Imbolc
- Learn to play a song on the guitar
- Hunt for razor clams on the beach then cook up what we catch
- Have dinner at The Tree Chimneys Restaurant on The Isle of Skye
- Go to The Edinburgh Fringe Festival – (takes place all of August)
- Have an exhibition
Stay on Lundy IslandYES Completed in May! See Puffins on an island off the coast of the UK- TICK Puffins Galore on Skomer Island 23-25 May Have a pint with Danny Wallace. His books have caused many laugh out loud moments and I just love what he gets up to! - YES Completed Saturday 26 September
- Go on a Game show! (shame Supermarket Sweep is no longer running!)
Stay at Burgh Island– – DONE! Here on my Birthday! Whoop! 21-23 Nov 2014
- Recreate my Do What You Love Bags project in another city. Where? TBC!
- Spend 2 weeks min as an Artist in Residence
Host a party! A 1930 style speakeasy
- Have my portrait painted
- Have some red leather shoes handmade for me
Firewalk! Registered to do this in November for Penny Brohn Cancer Care! YIKES! Pls will you sponsor us?- Completed 13 November Climb Snowdon - The highest mountain in Wales Trampoline in a cave– at Llechwedd Slate Caverns, Blaenau Ffestiniog!
- Create a wishing Bird tree - A community art installation in a local woodland
- Have a theme tune written for me (hee hee)
Appear in a national magazine- YES and so chuffed with the result! See a play at The Globe Theatre in London
- Go to Legoland!
- Have a fantasy photoshoot (Annie Lebovitz style)
Take my Figaro Henry, to a Figaro Car Event
- Go at high speed on a Bobsled!
|Me getting into mischief..!|