Hello there! Here I am, back with another update!
EXCITING NEWS! One of my short films – the one about making oil paint from red ochre found in the Mendips, has been accepted to be shown at the Homegrown Shorts Film festival at the Curzon Cinema in Clevedon on the 23rd March!!
OMG, my little film will be on the BIG SCREEN! I’ve delayed telling you, as I wanted to make sure it was going to be high enough resolution to actually be shown – and all’s good – so this is mega exciting!
From the trailer, it looks like there will be some fantastic films. I’m really looking forward to it and also feeling a bit nervous. Excited nervous. Links for more info about the festival are at the bottom of this post.
So, that’s my BIG news. This episode also includes my recent trip to Manchester to see the Mackinnon and Saunders exhibition at Waterside Arts, as well as a visit to the archives of Cosgrove Hall Films who produced Danger Mouse, Count Duckula and Chorlton and the Wheelies – among many others!! Hope you enjoy the tour…!
Additional notes & links relating to the update video:
- Home Grown Shorts - https://www.curzon.org.uk/film/homegrown-shorts-2023/
Audio Books: Did you know you can listen to audio books through your local library? Mine is Libraries West https://www.librarieswest.org.uk/client/en_GB/default so check your local library and try it for yourself. I LOVE it! The Seven Sisters Book I listened to was book 2 – The Storm Sister [My sister got me on to this series]: https://lucindariley.co.uk/seven-sisters-series/
- Waterside Arts: https://watersidearts.org/
- MacKinnon & Saunders: Website: https://www.mackinnonandsaunders.com/ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mackandsaund/
- Amanda Thomas – Head of Costume at Mackinnon & Saunders: https://www.instagram.com/amandathomas_creative/
- Archie Animated Film: https://youtu.be/5c9wtTqMT0E
- Cosgrove Hall Films Archive: https://www.cosgrovehallfilmsarchive.co.uk/
- Chorlton and the Wheelies: https://youtu.be/Tos8Ao9JrdM
- Danger Mouse – The Custard Episode: https://youtu.be/kzeLAr9wygY
- Count Duckula: https://youtu.be/cEvtdTaBzWU
- Jamie and the Magic Torch: https://youtu.be/5ntylpZWn_M
What is the UK Islands Project?
In 2017, I visited a different Island a month, and I am creating artworks, short stories and whatever each island inspires me to create in response to my exploration.
To read about the project, visit my blog here: http://www.morwhenna.com/p/uk-islands-project-2017.html
Looe Island is now cared for by the brilliant Cornish Wildlife Trust and you can find out more about visiting and / or staying on Looe Island here: https://www.cornwallwildlifetrust.org.uk/looe-island/canvas-holidays
I visited and stayed on Looe Island in September 2017 - yes, I know - It's taken me this long to get to working on it ;-D
Until next time!
Happy Creative Adventuring
Post a Comment